Richard Morrison is the Founder and Author of Activate Human Capital. The project was born when Richard grew tired of hearing stories of friends and family suffering in the workplace from underutilization of talents, little recognition or poor management. Richard developed eight PROVEN People-Focused Principles of Management to enhance business relationships from top to bottom, improving efficiency, productivity, and profitability of work.
Activate Human Capital is a call to recognize employees as people first. Employees who feel valued by the organization will make themselves more valuable to workplace.
Activate Human Capital Objectives:
1. Prompt managers to look in the mirror and ask "are you doing what is most effective for motivating your employees?"
2. Start a conversation by inspiring leaders and managers to learn and implement the Eight Principles to manage people, not positions.
Activate Human Capital produces a different kind of thinking in the approach to management. It shifts perspectives of managers from seeing their employees as merely subordinates to human capital capable of initiating their own contributions to profitability; thus they deserve time and attention. Ultimately, it is the change in attitude and behavior we seek.
People-Focused Principles of Management:
1. Give people a purpose
2. Communicate widely
3. Accommodate/manage change
4. Create a culture of worth
5. Create a culture of hope
6. Reward performance
7. Create a vision of participation in determining the future of the company
8. Express gratitude